According to the National Fire Protection Association, an estimated 8,800 house fires are started by grilling each year. Moreover, nearly half of all injuries involving grills are caused by thermal burns. That is why studying grilling safety tips are critical in keeping everyone safe during the BBQ.

To prevent injuries when grilling, then you need to set the grill 10 feet away from structures and keep the grill grease-free. Additionally, check for gas leaks regularly and constantly keep water or a fire extinguisher near. You shouldn’t ever turn the gas with the lid shut, leave the grill unattended or cook too much food at once. Find out more energized safety tips below.

Grilling SafetyTips

  • DO keep the grill at least 10 feet away from structures, such as the porch or garage, and out from under tree branches and leaves. The further away from structures, the lower the danger of fire.
  • DO maintain the grill by cleaning the grease or fat buildup after every use. Doing this not just reduces the risk of fire but also aids the food cook better.
  • DO check for gas (propane) flows regularly. Make a solution with one part water and one piece of dish soap and apply it to the line that connects the grill to the gas tank. If bubbles appear on the line when you turn on the gas, possess the grill serviced immediately.
  • DO keep water and a fire extinguisher handy. Since grilling involves fire, there’s always a risk for minor flare-ups, so you should have something to extinguish the fire with.
  • DO place the coals in the grill at a metal can after you have finished grilling; let the coals cool first.
  • DO be sure to look at the regulations fires If you’re camping. Many areas could be closed to all fires (like charcoal grills) because of exceptionally dry conditions.
  • DON’T allow small children and pets to come close to the grilling area. When there’s any gas trapped beneath the lid, then it will instantly become a fireball that may cause severe burn injuries.
  • DON’T leave the grill unattended. In case the grill catches fire, an adult should be around to extinguish it immediately.
  • DON’T grill inside. Propane and charcoal grills should never be used inside. Besides the fire hazard, there’s a severe threat of carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • DON’T barbeque too much food at the same time. Even though it appears time-efficient, cooking too much food at once can cause excess fat to drip down onto the grill flames, possibly causing a small fire.

For flame damage cleanup, contact the PuroClean mitigation professionals!

As fire restoration experts, we advise you to always be vigilant when grilling. Extra fire safety precautions for your Fourth of July weekend are always essential! Regrettably, fire damage episodes can still happen to the most watchful of homeowners. If your property has suffered smoke or fire damage, don’t call the amateurs. Contact PuroClean Woodinville for professional and reliable smoke and fire damage restoration of homes or businesses. Looking for fire damage Redmond? Visit them for more information, they also prevent mold growing in your home, check them out.